How do I get the most out of my HoverCam?
HoverCam is both a document scanner and a document camera, which offers full functionalities in both product categories at a fraction of peer product's costs.
- Everyday scanning, copying, email/fax solution for offices.
- HoverCam can be used a screen reader or video magnifier for visually impaired readers.
- HoverCam is a visual presenter, can be used in schools for interactive teaching and distance learning.
- HoverCam can be used to scan and archive students school works.
- HoverCam can be used to trace a tool in tooling design.
- And the list is growing...
Where do I get the HoverCam Flex Software?
You can download and install the Hovercam Flex Software from our download page.
Is Intel-based Mac OS 10.5 supported by HoverCam?
Yes, absolutely, Intel-based Mac OSX 10.6 and above are supported by HoverCamFlex Software, and Hovercam Express for Mac OSX 10.5
Can I use my HoverCam on my Windows PC?
Yes, absolutely, you can install Adobe AIR 3.0© based HoverCam Flex software on Windows XP/2000/2003, which is fairly demanding in computing power. Or you
may choose to install HoverCam Manager software, which is offered complimentary to HoverCam owners.
What program should I use for video recording?
Yes, Apple's QuickTime Player© software is a perfect program for video recording. Just start a New Movie Recording, and choose the camera to be "HoverCam Document Camera".
Do I have to use QuickTime?
No, Google Picasa© has an excellent video capture functionality. Download and install Picasa from Google, start the Picasa program, click on the "Camera Capture" icon, and starting recording.
Can I use my HoverCam on Skype?
Yes, Skype is the perfect software for this purpose. To set up Skype to use HoverCam, please go to: "Preference" > "Video" tab, then select HoverCam
Document Camera as the camera and save the configuration. Now you're ready for the video conferencing experience with HoverCam.